Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of your puppies?
- The price for each breed is listed on the Puppies page for that breed and litter.
How does your selection process work?
- Puppies are selected in the order the reservations were received for each gender.
- Cane Corso puppies are selected at 5 weeks of age (cropping at 6)
- Rhodesian Ridgeback puppies are selected at 6 weeks.
- Example Email: If you have 3rd choice of male puppies, you would need to email at least your top 3 males in order of preference. If you have any questions about selection process, please ask!
- After I have received everyone's preference order, I will go through and assign pups based on deposit and the lists.
- If you are ever not happy with the puppy(s) that are available once it is your turn to select, you may roll your deposit to the next available litter.
What payment methods do you accept
- Snail Mail:
Personal Check, Money Order or Cashier Check
Made payable to Diamondcrest Farms and mailed to 9007 Carey Rd, Lithia FL 33547.
*Must be received within 72 hours to secure your spot on the deposit list.
- Electronic Options
Fees are NOT built into our pricing. Any fees charged will be the responsibility of the Buyer.
Paypal and Venmo are not accepted. They do not support animal sales.
️CashApp - $HeatherMuzzey (Heather Muzzey - Diamondcrest)
️Zelle - 603-998-0628 (Diamondcrest Farms, Inc)
What does our puppy come with?
AKC registration application | 30-day free pet insurance through Trupanion | 2-year health warranty | Up-to-date vaccines | Up-to-date worming | Microchip | FL health certificate | Puppy collar, leash and go-home essentials bag | Lifetime breeder support!
When can we pick up our puppy?
- Usually at 8 weeks of age. Florida law, and ethical breeding, demands the pups stay with the mother and littermates until the age of 8 weeks, so please do not ask us to release a puppy before this. On rare occasions, the puppies may have need to stay with the breeder for an additional amount of time. We reserve the right to delay delivery if we feel it is in your pet's best interest to remain with us. An example for this could be parasites (worms), which are very common for puppies, especially in warm climates such as ours. We worm all puppies preventatively and this works 99% of the time, but that 1% does pop up every now and then.
- Pups that have ears cropped (Cane Corsos) prior to going home, may need to stay an additional week or even more, depending on how the healing process goes. As with humans, each puppy can heal differently. We do NOT guarantee the final outcome of ear cropping for this reason. We will however, help you along the way, with your puppy's cropped ears! Check out our Useful Links page for great videos on posting and taping your puppies cropped ears.
How are your puppies raised?
Our puppies are raised with advanced puppy curriculum (BaB/Puppy Culture) and we are so excited to share that with you and our puppies!
The curriculum focuses on laying a strong foundation of true respect and trust between puppies and humans, other dogs and the world around them. By creating steadfast trust and building confidence so early on, our program facilitates a lifetime of high approach, confidence, touch tolerance, low sight, and sound sensitivity, as well as quick startle recovery regardless of the environment in which the puppy goes home. Each day the puppies will have "School Time" which will involve different things depending on puppies age and development. Puppies will be exposed to different sights and sounds and their confidence in believing in themselves will be fostered. The goal is to guide, shape and mold puppies based upon critical periods, constantly evaluating and adjusting as we go.
They will learn that the world is safe, people are kind and dogs are friendly.
We truly believe we are changing lives through the power of a dog.